My thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of - generally - happiness (or happyness, if you're whimsical like that). Poetry and kind-of-essays will abound!
I don't dream.
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Things are looking better than before but that doesn't mean they're better. Short entry today, can't think at the moment.
I'm not gonna end this the way you think I'll end this. I'm not gonna end this by looking over the horizon as the sun sets, my back turned from you as you walk away to an unsure future without me. I'm not gonna end it like actors after the final act, bowing out to the crowd as the curtain falls. I'm not gonna end it with your dying wish having me take away the dragging moments of pain that remind you you'll have to fight for your last breath before you die. I'm not ending it that way. I'm ending this as quietly and as unobtrusively as possible. You won't even notice the held-back tears as I write out every reason why my fears finally won out. I'm ending this quietly, with nothing but the scratch of my pen on paper, blotched by coffee drops and salt water. I'm not even anywhere near the sea, but I may as well be. I'm ending this, because I can't stand to fall apart so often in an hour, just as m...
Has the novelty worn off? Has the flame of attraction and passion burnt out, dimmed by the dull blanket of routine? Has the novelty worn off? How could it, when I'm fine with the way we've been doing things? Has the novelty worn off? Or has it been replaced by something else, an itch to see things change for far better than what we have now? Has the novelty worn off? Do I really want more of the same? Maybe it's time I accept the change that's coming around. Maybe there's less now, ...
I’ve been getting sick and tired of maybes lately. Been sifting through the sheets of fading affection, wondering how they’ve lasted for so long under the frustration of unrequited romantic attachment. A bell rings dimly, consistently, in my head as I lie here in bed thinking of all the maybes that have sufficed all this time: "you’re several months too late, my friend - you should’ve known she didn’t want you in the end.” I concur. Why did I let this drag on, a sleeping drunkard draped over my shoulder, weighing me down until I’m on my knees, just meters from her dilapidated apartment home? I can’t keep investing time on this so-called love if it skirts around honest, straight answers and gets drunk on my kindness. I’m leaving love at her apartment door, come whatever will become of her. Maybe this time she’ll think twice before taking advantage of the circumstances. I need some air. These maybes are fooling me into ...
Keep looking up, it'll really help :))
ReplyDelete+ the poem could be a ditty!
Well EJ, things are looking up but not in all the ways I'd hoped. hahahahaha :))
ReplyDelete